Spaces are rapidly filling up for various classes. Contact us today to register your child.
Online Learning Roles and Responsibilities
Students: What are the responsibilities and expectations for students?
• Access the learning platform (class dojo/google classroom) on a daily basis.
• Communicate regularly with teachers (email, stream, live classes)
• Read and review the recommended daily routine.
• Attend scheduled live classes (on time, in uniform, with the camera on)
• Finish assigned tasks on a daily basis.
• Complete the task posted by the teacher (turn it in).
• Ask for support by emailing the teacher or asking directly on google hangouts or via google classroom/class dojo.
• Take brain breaks and move regularly as they engage in the activities and study.
• Complete silent reading on a daily basis (complete reading journals as required).
• Comply with official times and dates in accordance with the Online Learning.
• Adhere to all rules. Any violations will result in procedures ranging from withdrawing the user’s right to log in or monitor the use of the service, terminating his/her use of the service, or both, with retroactive effect.
Parents: What are the responsibilities and expectations for Parents/ Guardians?
• Ensure that your child has access to the learning platform (Class Dojo or Google Classroom).
• Establish routines and expectations to maintain a familiar rhythm of the day.
• Balance screen time and non-screen time tasks.
• Discuss what your child is learning and ask questions.
• Monitor and support your child’s wellbeing–and seek support as necessary.
• Establish times for quiet work and reflection.
• Communicate with teachers (and school) when regularly.
• Adhere to online privacy protocols (Refraining from filming or disclosing the live broadcast)
• Being present for guidance during the broadcasting period when necessary
• Ensure the student’s overall good appearance during lessons
• Comply with the school’s decision regarding any offenses committed by their child.
• In the event that the parent/guardian refuses to comply with the school’s decisions or take responsibility for their child’s offence, the matter will be taken seriously by the school management.
Teachers: What are the responsibilities and expectations for teachers?
• Ensure communication is established with students and parents via the platforms.
• Design meaningful teaching and learning activities for the students.
• Be available to ensure the success of the distance learning journey.
• Guide students with clear instructions for each task.
• Provide necessary resources (instructional material, video tutorial, and online resources).
• Check student assignments/homework/attendance.
• Provide regular and meaningful feedback.
• Follow up/communicate/update student learning platforms daily.
• Communicate with parents on a regular basis.
• Provide support and guidance in relation to student well-being.
• Follow up with Pastoral Team with regards to any attendance, behavior, communication or student well-being concerns
• Adhere to the rules of proper discipline and conduct in electronic communication and maintain students’ personal information confidential.
Online Learning Safeguarding Guidelines
The updated Safeguarding Guidelines have been developed to further ensure and promote online safety for the VIPS learning community.
• firstname.lastname@example.org is the designated email address to be used by parents and students to report any safeguarding or well-being concerns.
• The previously developed Online Learning Roles & Responsibilities and Online Learning Student Behavior policies serve as additional components of Online Learning safeguarding efforts.
• Safeguarding guidelines are subject to change in order to meet the needs of our
• Learning community – especially in light of the rapidly changing online learning landscape.
• Students are encouraged to report any safeguarding or wellbeing concerns directly to their parents or teacher.
• Parents and guards are encouraged to report any safeguarding concerns directly to their child’s teacher.
• Teachers are encouraged to report any safeguarding concerns directly to their line manager.
• The VIPS learning community can also report any safeguarding concern directly to the following email: email@example.com