Spaces are rapidly filling up for various classes. Contact us today to register your child.
School Social Worker
Job Description and Person Specification
School Social Worker
We are seeking to appoint a compassionate, competent, and committed school social worker to provide support to the school’s Pastoral and Child Protection Teams by ensuring the safety and well-being of all students.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for an outstanding Social Worker to join our vibrant, professional learning community in our school improvement journey to excellence.
1: School Social Worker Responsibilities:
Responsibilities of a school social worker include but are not limited to:
- Ensure students’ personal and social development, innovation skills, and social responsibility are excellent;
- Model visible leadership by being present and active throughout the day, tending to our students’ well-being and community learning needs;
- Provide students with clear behaviour expectations and ensure our system of rewards and sanctions promotes our vision, mission, and values;
- Promote and maintain pastoral well-being in accordance with the rules and behavior policy of the school;
- Support pastoral interventions that enable students to meet our high expectations;
- Work with and support all staff with monitoring and intervention of student behavior;
- Respond to the needs of all students with a sense of urgency;
- Liaise with relevant staff to ensure all students’ needs are met;
- Ensure the classroom climate is well maintained and checked regularly;
- Supervise students on visits, trips and out of school activities;
- Create and maintain reports and records as requested by the school;
- Attend meetings / training and carry out administrative tasks and duties as specified on the academy calendar;
- Undertake relevant training and work as part of the wider Pastoral and Child Protection Teams;
- Arrange, support and attend parental and staff meetings as appropriate;
- Represent the school internally and externally as required;
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as requested by the Principal/Vice Principal or Head of Section.
2: Professional Skills and Experience
A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in social work is an essential requirement for this position, as well as a license and certification to practice social work.
Applicants should also be able to demonstrate recent and relevant experience of:
- Experience as a school social worker (2 years or more);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Compassion and empathy for students;
- Professionalism and discretion;
- Continuous professional development;
- Effective involvement and engagement with parents;
- Behaviour management and child protection;
- Knowledge of the UAE school systems and culture;
- Experience using eSIS.
3: Personal Skills and Attributes:
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic;
- Be able to create and maintain effective partnerships with staff, the school administration, parents, students and the wider school community;
- Be able to work independently and on own initiative;
- Seek advice and support when necessary;
- Have good time management skills;
- Maintain a personal commitment to professional development linked to the competencies necessary to deliver the requirements of this post;
- Be approachable, positive, flexible and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour.