Spaces are rapidly filling up for various classes. Contact us today to register your child.
Mathematics Teacher (Secondary)
About Us – Our School
Virginia International Private School (VIPS) is a well-respected, K-12 school with over 1175 students, meeting the needs of the local Emirati and expat community. VIPS is on a very exciting journey as it goes from strength to strength in its commitment to quality education and its continued improvement, with a main focus on students’ outcomes. We cater to our students via high quality teaching and learning, ensuring that the day-to-day interactions which take place in and out of the classroom, and the pedagogical approaches used engage, motivate and challenge learners effectively. This year, we opened our brand new, state-of-the-art building for secondary girls and we will proudly graduate our first cohort, the Class of 2022, at the end of this academic year. In October 2021, VIPS underwent its Irtiqa’a inspection and was evaluated to be a good school. VIPS is proudly accredited by New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), attesting to our school’s high quality and integrity. Our staff are empowered to fulfill their roles successfully as well as supported via personalized professional development. VIPS enjoys the benefits of dynamic, experienced leadership and management, a holistic learning community, dedicated teachers, and supportive governance.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. As a result, the school expects all teaching staff, non‐teaching staff and volunteers to share and uphold this commitment.
Teacher of Mathematics (Secondary)
We are seeking to appoint highly-skilled, enthusiastic, and dedicated teachers who can work alongside and support a multi-cultural school community in our continued pursuit of excellence.
Our focus is purely on your ability as a practitioner, so experience with a US curriculum is not essential. Leadership opportunities may be available for the right candidate.
The Mathematics Department is held in high regard at Virginia International Private School and is an essential part of our curriculum, with all students studying the subject up until Grade 12. Nearly all of our students speak Arabic as a first language.
This position offers an exciting opportunity for an outstanding teacher of mathematics to work in our secondary section, Grades 6-12, with potential leadership opportunities for the right candidate.
1: Learning and Teaching
- Plan and deliver outstanding mathematics lessons to both boys and girls classes in the high school phase (grades 10-12, to be agreed upon);
- Ensure high quality education, attainment and progress for all students;
- Track, monitor, evaluate and review student progress, achievement and attainment;
- Ensure effective teaching strategies that enable all students to learn optimally;
- Deliver and demonstrate enquiry based teaching through his/her own teaching commitment;
- Make learning and teaching opportunities relevant by making connections to the real world;
- Use assessment for, of, and as learning strategies in order to personalize and accelerate student learning;
- Take responsibility for the implementation of short, medium and long term curriculum planning within the subjects taught;
- Have knowledge of effective strategies to include and meet the needs of all students within your class, including Higher/Lower attaining students, EAL, SEN, Emirati students and G&T students;
- Any other teaching duties and responsibilities deemed reasonable by the Principal.
2: Professional Skills and Experience
A bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Mathematics (BSc) is an essential requirement for this position. Possession of a PGCE or another teaching qualification is mandatory. Applicants should also be able to demonstrate recent and relevant experience of:
- Teaching secondary mathematics, 1 year or more;
- Excellent classroom practice and pedagogy in Secondary education;
- Continuous professional development;
- Digital learning and the use of ICT across the curriculum;
- Effective involvement and engagement with parents;
- Behavior management and child protection;
- Knowledge of the UAE school systems and culture;
- Knowledge and experience of the American curriculum (desirable but not mandatory);
- Middle leadership skills and experience for candidates who seek leadership development.
3: Personal Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and professionalism;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Be able to create and maintain effective partnerships with staff, the school administration, parents, students and the wider school community;
- Be able to work independently and on own initiative;
- Seek advice and support when necessary;
- Have good time management skills;
- Be committed to providing extra-curricular activities;
- Maintain a personal commitment to professional development linked to the competencies necessary to deliver the requirements of this post;
- Be approachable, positive, flexible and enthusiastic with a good sense of humor.
Start Date: September 2022
Please send your CV and cover letter to HR@virginiaschool.ae